Check back for updates about scholarships for 2018 BEDC
Georgia Economic Developers Association (GEDA) Scholarships
Each year the GEDA’s Professional Development Committee provides scholarships to GEDA members to attend various GEDA events and external conferences. Last year, GEDA offered two, $1,000 scholarship opportunities for the 2017 BEDC.
For 2018, information–including applications and deadlines–will be added to this site as it becomes available.
About the Professional Development Scholarships
- Grants are offered during three rounds during the calendar year. Funding for each grant will be available in each round until funds are expended or the program(s) supported by the grant have taken place.
- Grant payments may be used for registration, housing and meals.
- The recipient is responsible for meeting registration requirements and deadlines. Grants may be denied if the applicant does not meet the program requirements.
- Applications must be received by midnight on the posted deadline in order to be reviewed by the committee.
- Application submittals should include the completed application (all sections) and two letters of recommendation. Applications submitted by the deadline without the letters of recommendation will not be reviewed by the committee.
- Applicants who decide to apply for more than one grant during a given calendar year may use the same letters of support during said year. (Letters of support from previous calendar years to the year seeking the grant should not be submitted.)
- Applicants should apply for only one grant per round.
- If awarded a grant, an applicant may be awarded up to one grant per calendar year.
- Awarded grant funds are used for future events only. Grant funds will be provided on a cost reimbursement basis for expenses incurred up to the amount of the available grant. (Awardees will be provided an expense form to submit to GEDA for cost reimbursement requests.)
- The expense report should be sent to the Chair of the Professional Development Committee within 90 days of the event. Registration is the responsibility of the applicant, and late fees will not be covered.
- Applications can be accessed in digital form by clicking on the program name on the list of grants. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by email to the contact provided in the application.