The Basic Economic Development Course will be held in Atlanta’s premier meeting facility, the Global Learning Center (GLC) at Georgia Tech’s Technology Square located at 84 5th Street NW in Atlanta, Georgia. Experience Atlanta’s most technologically advanced learning and meeting facility. Georgia Tech’s GLC at Technology Square is a state-of-the-art conference center located in Midtown Atlanta featuring:
- Located in Technology Square, in the heart of the thriving Midtown Atlanta district, right off Interstate 75/85;
- Convenient parking at the Global Learning Center parking deck;
- Traveling from the airport? Take MARTA to the Midtown station and walk or take the Tech Trolley to Technology Square;
- Shopping, restaurants, and hotels in and around Technology Square;
- Business center located at the Global Learning Center; and
- Just a mile away from the heart of Downtown Atlanta.
Around Midtown, Atlanta
- Use one of Atlanta’s new rental bikes to navigate the city. You can find a Relay bike station right across the street from the Global Learning Center!
- Explore the Chattahoochee River through hiking, boating, fishing, cycling or educational programs.
- Visit one of Atlanta’s in-town parks. Our favorite within walking distance from Midtown is Piedmont Park. There are beautiful Botanical Gardens, walking and running trails, tennis courts, Bocce Courts, basketball courts, a dog park, a restaurant, and more to check out.
- Piedmont Park is also a popular meet-up space for Yoga in the Park. Browse the Yoga Meetup group to see if there is a convenient class happening. Sweet Escape Yoga also holds donation-based classes in some of Atlanta’s off-the-beaten-path green space.
- The Atlanta Beltline an award-winning adaptive reuse project that is in the process of transforming a historic rail corridor into a multi-use trail and transportation corridor that endeavors to connect Atlanta neighborhoods. Walk, jog or bike on the multi-use trail and see Atlanta from a new perspective. There is public art, restaurants and shops to check out along the way! The Eastside Trail is the most convenient to Midtown. The Beltline also hosts many events, including trail yoga, boot camp, biking tours, and more. Check their website for the event calendar.
- To get outside and run with some locals, check out Atlanta weekly running groups. Here are four that depart from the Midtown area: Atlanta Running Meetup, Big Peach Running Co, Front Runners Atlanta, West Midtown Run Club.
Or stay inside!
- Check out the newly developed Ponce City Market for over 20 restaurant/cafe options at the Central Food Hall and a variety of shopping choices. Less than two miles from the conference location, Ponce City Market can be accessed by car, Marta bus 2 from the North Ave Station, or by a fun walk on the Beltline.
- Atlanta boasts some great shopping, whether you’re looking for malls, antiques, boutiques or more. Check out the many options online.
- If it’s a rainy day or you’re just looking for a close and convenient workout, there are gyms within walking distance in Midtown. This map displays a few options.
- Both indoor and outdoor: check out this list and map of Atlanta Magazine’s “50 Best Things to do in Atlanta”
- Some of our most popular cultural attractions include the High Museum of Art, Margaret Mitchell House, Atlanta Symphony, Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Underground Atlanta, Zoo Atlanta, Atlanta History Center, Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site, Alliance Theatre, Fox Theatre.
- Try out Mission Escape Room Atlanta for a live action escape game with a group of friends from the course! The challenge of escaping will test your wits, patience, and ability to work together as a team. Book a room today to see what all the buzz is about.